This page aims to answer members’ most common questions about justlooking rules and expected member etiquette. Please also see the Terms and Conditions which sets out more formally the conditions for using justlooking.
If this page doesn’t answer your question, please feel free to ask your question to other members in the Forum.
FRIENDLY AND CONSTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR
AND RESPECTFUL TREATMENT OF OTHERS
justlooking members are expected to participate in a positive and friendly manner that is conducive to fostering the justlooking community. This applies across the entire justlooking website including the postings, messages, comments and the forum.
justlooking is a family forum accessible to anyone of any age whether a member or not, therefore, all content posted must take this into account. As a member you are responsible for your actions so please think twice if you believe you are near a boundary.
To make it easy and efficient for justlooking users to quickly scan new deal listings, we suggest using the following style.
Title: Use a concise, non-technical description of the deal that makes it clear what it is and why it is appealing. justlooking will automatically append the price and store at the end of the title in the format "£Price @ Store", so there is no need to add this.
|Example of bad title:
||Samsung UE48JS8500TXXU (UE48JS8500) 48” Curved SUHD SMART LED Television, £815 @ Electrical Experience
|Example of good title:
||60% off Samsung 48” Curved LED TV. £815 @ Electrical Experience
Description: The objective of the description is first and foremost to describe why this is a great deal, rather than provide a technical description of the product itself. Members will be able to see product descriptions direct from the merchant by clicking on the “Get Deal” link. Consider the following when writing a deal description:
- Why is this a great deal? Is it cheaper than other retailers, are there additional products bundled for free, is it part of a 2 for 1 offer, etc
- Has the price recently moved? For example is this a great deal now because of an overnight Price Drop?
- Is there anything special that members need to do to access the deal? E.g. must they enter a special code, sign-up for service, etc.
- Are there eligibility constraints on the deal? E.g. only eligible for people living in a certain area, first time customers of a merchant, etc.
- Is this a limited time or flash deal that will expire quickly?
- Are there complimentary voucher codes that can be used to get an even better deal?
When voting on deals, please do so fairly. For example, a deal should not simply be voted up or down because you like/dislike the brand, e.g. Apple, Microsoft, etc. It is whether the product found is the cheapest available at the current point in time along with key considerations, but not necessarily overriding factors, such as whether you feel the store is reputable and how good is the product's quality.
Other members will greatly benefit if you leave a reason for why you voted a particular way on a deal as a comment. This helps provide conversation and debate around deals, and makes justlooking fun and informative. Comments can make use of images, animated GIF and embedded videos, so get creative!
Helpful feedback includes being constructively critical when deals are not good. This might include pointing out that the price is not competitive versus other major vendors, historical reliability problems with the merchant, no stock or availability of the product, etc. Comments can be playful, mocking and poke fun, but should not cross the line into becoming abusive or aggressive.
Please follow the following guidance when using the forum
- Code of Conduct: Please follow the justlooking code of conduct above at all times when using the Forums: key to this is friendly and constructive behaviour and respectful treatment of others. In general, adhere to the same standards of behaviour on justlooking that you follow in real life.
- Descriptive thread titles: Use the title to concisely summarise the key content of the thread to make it easy for other members to understand that the thread is about without having to read the posts.
- Keep on topic: If you want to go off topic, start a new thread!
- Don’t duplicate: Posting the same messages or threads in more than one forum isn't necessary, please make sure you choose the correct forum before posting, and just post once. Also search for similar threads from other members before posting. Duplicate threads or message may be deleted by moderators.
- Think before posting and remember other people: When making a post or creating a new topic and thread, please think before you click on the "submit" button. Often worth asking: “Would I say this to the other person’s face”?
- Think before posting and remember other people: When making a post or creating a new topic and thread, please think before you click on the "submit" button. Often worth asking: "Would I say this to the other person's face"?
- Avoid gratuitous bumping: Do not bump old threads without good reason.
- Avoid gratuitous bumping: Do not bump old threads without good reason.
- Explain any moderation: If a moderator choses to delete, edit, merge etc posts, they should communicate the reason for this either publically in the forum or privately via PM to the poster. Moderation must be based on objective quality, not on opinion or disagreement with the content.
The following activities are prohibited and may result in a suspension or ban at the discretion of Admin and Moderators:
- Spam. Irrelevant messages posted for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
- Trolls. Typically someone who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative posts
- Racism, religion, sexuality. Attacks on a person or group's faith, race, colour, sexual preference, beliefs will not be tolerated
- Excessive foul language & rudeness. justlooking is a family forum accessible to anyone of any age whether a member or not, therefore, all content posted must take this into account. Please be polite and respect fellow members at all times.
- Self-promotion of businesses, by anyone involved with them including third party agents, unless by prior agreement. justlooking encourages the posting of great deals wherever they come from but at the same time will not allow the site to be spammed.
- No links to personal websites, requests for referrals, referral links, third party affiliate links, advertising for personal gain and displaying of e-mail address
- Tampering of justlooking including modification of URLs, posting unauthorised URLs, pages being spidered, email cloaking, automatic scripts or anything deemed by ourselves to be abnormal use.
- Abusive gaming of reputation points. Reputation Points are accrued to reward members for their positive contributions to justlooking. Attempts to manipulate this system, including unjustified use of Expiry, Spam and Duplicate features to remove "competitor" deals will not be tolerated and may lead to forfeiting of Reputation Points.
- Listing Illegal or Offensive Deals. Deals should not be posted for illegal or offensive material. Offensive material includes all forms of pornography.
- Don't post someone's personal information. Users can volunteer their own personal details, but please do not post links or information that reveals the identity of others.